10 Delicious Facts About Chocolate
Everyone loves chocolate—kids and adults alike. And no matter what your age, you’ll enjoy learning about your favorite flavor.
1. It is a known fact that chocolate has caffeine in it. There are about 5 to 10 mg of caffeine in one ounce of bitter chocolate, 5 mg in milk chocolate, and 10 mg in a six-ounce cup of cocoa.
Valuable energy source
2. Chocolate is actually a valuable energy source. A single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150 ft.
Great health benefits
3. Chocolate has great health benefits. It helps with depression, high blood pressure, Tumors and Pre-menstrual syndromes. Chocolate is able to act as an anti-depressant by increasing serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain.
Does not cause or aggravate acne
4. Chocolate does not cause or aggravate acne, this is a myth. Dark chocolate bars, which are high in cocoa actually deject tooth decay and can even whiten your teeth!
10% of the daily recommended intake of iron.
5. One ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa contains 10% of the daily recommended intake of iron.
Deadly for dogs
6. Chocolate can be deadly for dogs. Chocolate contains an ingredient called “Theobromine” which can be toxic to a dogs central nervous system and cardiac muscles.
$7 billion dollars
7. People spend more than $7 billion dollars a year on chocolate.
8. The per capita consumption of chocolate indicates that each person consumes 12 pounds of chocolate each year. But it is the Swiss that consume the most at 22 pounds of chocolate per year.
Milk or dark chocolate?
9. Milk Chocolate is the most preferred type of chocolate, however dark chocolate is especially popular among men. It is interesting to note that more than twice as manywomen than men crave and eat chocolate.
10. In Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “Psycho” chocolate syrup was used to indicate blood in the famous shower scene.
Don't like this list? Edit it and make your own list!
Don't like this list? Edit it and make your own list! We will pubish it on our site! You can share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc